For live trainings provided at the Council level, please check www.gulfstreamcouncil.org.
Roundtable: A District event held monthly to share information with Packs and Troops about what is going on in the District. A great place to meet other Leaders and learn more about how to make your unit run more smoothly. Roundtable is open to Parents and Leaders of Lighthouse District.
Where: Gulf Stream Council Office Training Room in the Rinker Building
Address: 8335 N. Military Trail, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
When: Third Wednesday of the month
Time: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Attire: Class A or B uniform
Come find out why ROUNDTABLE is called "The single most important function of the District"!
Training is open to any adult who wants to attend.
All registered adults need to attend all training for their leadership position.
This is Scouting (online) Designed for all volunteers and provides the basics of the Scouting programs, the age appropriateness of those programs, and our values and methods. This training is usually delivered by the district training committee and takes approximately 2 hours to complete. We offer this training several times a year.
Youth Protection (online) This training increases awareness in youth protection issues, reviews all of the BSA youth protection policies and is required for all of the Leader training awards. Youth Protection Training is required for all registered leaders participating in any nationally conducted event or activity and is recommended for anyone working directly with the youth. Youth Protection training is available online or through your district. Time to complete varies.
Den Leader Fast Start (online) This training is for new Den Leaders only, intended to teach about leading your den.
Leader Specific Training (online) This is rank-specific training. All new Den Leaders must take this training specific to your den's rank. Each year Den Leaders should take the next rank-specific training.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SETTING UP ONLINE TRAINING ACCOUNT:
- Click this LINK to get to the "My Scouting" website.
- Click the "New to Scouting" tab.
- Create a USERNAME and then click "next."
- If you have not received a card with your name and ID number, click the box that says "NOT A MEMBER" and then click "next."
- You will then complete your registration.
- The website will send you an email confirmation which you will need to open and then click the link to confirm your registration.
- After you click the email link, you will be required to add a password.
- You will then be required to sign in with your new username and password.
- Once you are signed in, click the "ELearning" tab and you will have access to all of the online training.